A note from Oaxaca

Early morning I received lots of faxes as usual. One of them was a handwriting letter on the lined paper, so uncommon! I could not even read it because it was written in Spanish. First I thought it was a mistake and it came to the wrong number.  Then I asked from one of the Spanish /Mexican workers read it to me. Letter was from a mom to his son and she was asking him to come back.  It has no name & no address  but it was faxed from a store in Oaxaca a small town in Mexico. Mother wrote to his son" please come back home  I am scared of gangs, They are acting crazier and strangers. They are killing more and I don't feel safe."
We had to ask every single workers who is from Oaxaca! Finally we narrow it down to two.
Yes letter belongs to a man who looks fifties but he is 38! He has two sons which both of them has serious illness and they get treatments in UCLA. This man already lost another boy due to the same health problem. I asked him are you going back to your country and help your mom. He laughed and says no....
I wanted to help her years a go and bring her by crossing the border. She did not accept. Now she is older and she is not able to walk and move days to arrive here & I can not go back because I have a family to feed.
That is the end. They won't be able to see each other anymore. Because he is illegal and he cant go back and she can not come because she won't get visa easy as other nationality. 

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

Popular Posts